The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
Throughout this document the following abbreviating expressions may be used:
HH Website - The website www.hentaihaiku.com
HH - Hentai Haiku, the project and work presented by means of HH Website.
We, Us, Our - The people responsible for HH and HH Website, represented by ZENTRIFUGE
HH Content - The original contents provided through HH Website by Us
Haiku - The interactive virtual environments that constitute the core part of HH Content
You - The person accessing or consuming HH Content
Patron - The person supporting HH by making voluntary payments
HH Blog - The blog offered through HH Website
Nature of HH Content
HH Content contains visual representations of nude human-like characters engaged in sexual activities which are portrayed uncensored and in explicit fashion. Some of these representations may be considered as pornographic, obscene, offensive, disturbing or otherwise harmful by some.
By accessing HH Content You represent that You are at least the age of majority in effect for the legal jurisdiction You are subject to.
Accessing HH Content
All HH Content is accessible through HH Website free of charge, and free of the need for any subscription.
All HH Content will be accessible through HH Website most of the time as long as that website is maintained.
We do however not guarantee that HH Website will be accessible at all times.
We do not guarantee that HH Website will not cease to exist some day.
Haiku are prepared in order to be consumed by using reasonably up-to-date combinations of computer hardware, operating system and internet browser. We do however not guarantee compatibility of all Haiku with all possible combinations of abovementioned components. Moreover, existing HH Content may become incompatible with the most up-to-date versions of some of the abovementioned components some day, in which case, despite We may choose to remedy such incompatibility in some cases, We are not obliged to do so.
You may provide access to HH Content to others only under strictly non-commercial circumstances.
You may provide access to reproductions of HH Content, such as but not limited to screen captures and screen shots, to others only under strictly non-commercial circumstances.
You may provide access to HH Content to others under commercial circumstances only with express written permission from Us.
You may not provide access to HH Content that has undergone modifications from the condition it was in when originally made accessible through HH.
You may provide access to HH Content only to persons legally and mentally fit to receive and consume it
You may provide access to HH Content to others only if You agree to be fully liable for any harm and legal consequences that might arise from You doing so.
To cover the cost of development and distribution We rely on people to voluntary provide Us with funds, and we refer to such people as Patrons.
When transferring funds the Patron may specify which among all eligible Haiku those funds are dedicated to, where eligible Haiku are those released up to the day of transfer. Until the Patron does so, the funds are treated as dedicated in equal parts to all such Haiku.
Dedication of funds is as a mechanism of feedback to inform HH creatives about Your preferences and is meant to guide the creative process towards a ever better user-experience.
Dedication of funds also provides the basis on where, when and how Patrons are officially mentioned, both with regards to individual Haiku and the project in general. See section Patron Exposure for details.
HH does not impose any restrictions on the timing and quantity of fund transfers, however certain restrictions and requirements may be imposed through the Internet Payment Service Provider (ISPS) used to transfer payments. In rare cases this can mean that funds are witheld by an ISPS. Please understand that we cannot consider such incomplete transfers when calculating Patron exposure.
Transferring funds to HH, whether dedicated to specific Haiku or not, does not grant the Patrons any rights pertaining to HH Content beyond those granted to You in general, with exception of those stated in the section Patron Exposure of this document. The rights not granted include (but are not limited to)
- the right to influence the creative process in general or individual artist decisions pertaining to HH Content,
- the right to specific Iterations of Haiku being conceived, developed or released, and
- the right to influence the order in which or priority by which Iterations are conceived, developed and/or released.
Each transfer is associated with a pseudonym, referred to as the Patron Alias (Alias). The Alias associated with a transfer may be chosen by the Patron when dedicating the transferred funds. All transfers associated with a specific Alias are considered to have been contributed by the same person or group of persons. In general Patrons may choose any phrase as an Alias, however You Patron agree to accept full responsibility for any and all undesireable consequences that may arise from your choice of Alias for you and third parties. Beyond that restrictions apply, including the following:
- Aliases may not exceed 32 characters in length.
- Aliases used by Patrons in the past may only be reused by those same Patrons.
- Aliases resembling known trademarks may not be used.
- Certain keywords (e.g. 'Haiku', 'Hentai', 'Patron') may not be used as Alias.
- To assure our that HH Content stays within legal frameworks and our community stays a pleasant place to interact for all members we also retain the right to reject certain Aliases on a case-by-case basis.
Patrons can receive exposure inside individual Haiku as well as on HH Website. Exposure is realized by displaying Patron Aliases in specific locations. Patron Aliases are selected for exposure based on the amount of funds contributed by them and the Haiku they were dedicated to. The locations and the respective rules that govern Patron Alias exposure are as follows:
- the Tattoo: A single Patron Alias written to a prominent area on the skin of the most prominent virtual character appearing in the respective Haiku. This location is reserved for the highest contributing Patron Alias at the time.
- the Patron Cloud: A poster-like visualization of the Aliases of a number of the highest-contributing as well as most recently contributing Patrons for the respective Haiku at the time, displayed in a prominent location as part of the Haiku's 3D environment. The font-size of each Alias thereby varies based on the relative amount of funds contributed by the respective Patron when compared to other Patrons. The number of Aliases featured in this vizualization may vary among Haiku.
- other locations in the 3D environment may be featured on a per-Haiku base.
- the Haiku Ranking: An exhaustive list of all Patron Aliases who contributed to a specific Haiku, ranked by the amount of funds transferred to that Haiku under each Alias. This ranking is compiled for each Haiku separately.
- the Overall Ranking: An exhaustive list of all Patron Aliases who ever contributed to HH, ranked by the total amount of funds transferred to HH under each Alias.
Patron exposure is calculated based on confirmed transactions only. The time until a transaction becomes reflected by Patron exposure depends on the chosen method of payment and may range from few minutes to several days.
We reserve the right to disregard individual Patron Aliases - temporarily or indefinitely - when calculating exposure, without giving notice, and We are likely to do so in cases where the Patrons represented by those Patron Aliases
- have displayed hostile or illegal behavior as members of the HH Community or with regard to HH in general or
- have been found detrimental to the HH user experience and/or reputation of HH.
Patrons are not eligible for refund of payments for HH Content that does not meet their expectations, since all HH Content is provided upfront, and no payment by a Patron is ever made for any HH Content that is not avaible at the time of payment.
Patrons may be eligible for refund of contributions as far as the exposure they received failed to reflect those contributions as stated in section Patron Exposure at times, unless at those times one of the following conditions applied:
- The Patron account was suspended.
- The HH server was not operating normally.
- The platform used to access HH Content was not successfully communicating with the HH server.
- The HH Content accessed by the Patron had undergone modifications from the condition it was in when originally made accessible through HH.
In the event that a refund is made, We may choose to do the refund to the same account the funds were originally transferred from.
HH Website membership
You may sign up for a membership for HH Website.
As a member of HH Website You are responsible for keeping control of Your username and password. By signing up to HH Website You agree that You accept sole responsibility for any unintended or unlawful use that might arise from You loosing control of Your username and/or password.
We retain the right to suspend individual HH Website memberships at any time, temporarily or indefinitely, without a stated reason and without giving notice.
Signing up for a membership for HH Website allows You to comment on individual HH Blog entries.
Your comments on HH Blog entries can not be edited or deleted by You after initial submission.
Your comments on HH Blog entries may be suspended or removed at Our discretion, without a stated reason and without giving notice.
Copyright & Trademarks
HH Content is created and prepared by Lasse Raus, with only a minor part of the assets used to do so provided by 3rd parties, all of which were provided by the respective parties under royalty-free licences (such as "Creative Commons 0" licence).
HH Content includes (among other things) the program logic that governs the interactive aspects of the Haiku, such that any reuse of that program logic for purposes other than consuming HH Content as it was provided through HH requires the permission of the copyright holder.Copyright for all of HH Content is held by Lasse Raus (c) 2014-2019, all rights reserved.
Disclaimer/Limitation of Liability
We make no guarantee that HH Content is or will be compatible with any particular hardware platform or software platform
We make no guarantee that spcific items of HH Content will become released due to any specific point in time.
We make no guarantee that HH Content is culturally acceptable within any social context You may be consuming it.
We make no guarantee that it is legal to access, retrieve, consume and/or share HH Content in all jurisdictions You may be subject to when doing so.
We make no guarantee that any of HH Content will meet Your expectations.
We make no guarantee that Your access to HH Website will be uninterrupted, secure or error-free.
By accessing HH Content You agree that You accept sole responsibility for any legal consequences and for all damage, harm and disadvantage - cultural, social, psychological, financial or otherwise - that may arise from You doing so.
USA law 18 U.S.C 2257 Exemption Statement
Regardless of whether HH Website may fall under United States of American jurisdictions according to certain criteria or not:
All visual representations of persons provided through HH Website are 100% synthetic, in other words, no acting of real persons whatsoever was used for their production. Therefore HH Website is exempt from the provision of 18 U.S.C. section 2257 of United States of American law.